The sequel is never as good as the original, right? Wrong. Now that you’ve gotten the basics down with The Essentials Part 1, creating a story and navigating boards, it’s time to grow your Get To Done skills. Read on with Part 2 of how to grow your productivity with effective Tasks and Storyotypes.
You’ve got the project outlined in a Story, so now it’s time to break it down into actionable Tasks.
- Open a Board and select the Now icon in the upper left-hand corner to see the Story
- Click on the title of the Story where you want to add a Task
- Select the green box with a plus sign above the Story title
- Fill out the description of the Task and add links to the task by highlighting the word(s) and selecting the link icon as needed
- Enter the name of the responsible team member in the Who box
- Click Save when finished
- Click the Save & button if you need to add more Tasks
Yes, it’s that easy! If you have more questions, contact us for help.
Just like authors want to save time and brain space for recurring details, we bet that you do too. Storyotypes are tailored checklists which enable quality control and accountability. You can capture common Standards of Care without having to retype or remember every step saving time and energy.
- Select a Story in the Soon view by clicking on the Story Title. If there is no Storyotype selected, you can click on the pencil icon to choose one or create a new one.
- Search for an existing Storyotype in the search bar or click on a recently used Storyotype. You can choose more than one if needed. Click apply.
- Edit the Storyotype by clicking on the pencil icon if the process has changed. From there, you can edit the description and existing checklist items or add/delete items. Don’t forget to save.
- Find the pencil icon again if you want to create a new Storyotype.
- Give the project a name and click add.
- Fill in the Owner and description and Checklist items.
- Remember to save.